· Bluegrass Crime Stoppers works with WLEX-18, WVLK radio, the Lexington Herald Leader to provide maximum coverage on unsolved crimes and wanted persons.
· More than 8000 cases solved based on tips.
· Trained police personnel assigned on a full time basis to Bluegrass Crime Stoppers.
· The ability to furnish area law enforcement agencies with information on felony crimes, wanted persons, and other criminal activity they would otherwise be unable to obtain.
· The ability to motivate and promote public cooperation and involvement with law enforcement efforts and to reward such involvement.
· Better police-community relations through increased public awareness.
· Prevention of possible crimes before they are actually committed.
· Reawaken public interest in an unsolved case.
· Citizens become aware of the real impact of crime on the community.
· Create a partnership between the police, the media and the community.
· Bluegrass Crime Stoppers was created to assist law enforcement agencies in the Central Kentucky Area.